It's been a while - sorry! We arrived safely to Hawaii and have been trying to get established ever since. Our car arrived about 5 days after we got here. If you ever doubt how important a car is, try going without it for a couple days. Jason and I were logging a lot of hours walking the first couple days here. It was definitely interesting. So far, the weather has been dark, cloudy and rainy - not exactly what you think about when you say Hawaii.
I think Luke has been taking steriods (not really!). He is growing up so fast. I can't believe he is already 10 months old. Pretty soon we will be celebrating his 1 year birthday - UNBELIEVABLE!
I have gotten lost on the island quite a number of times. Jason, of course, has not! He's way too good with directions. It makes me sick! Jay is still adjusting to being back with a grunt unit. There's a lot of PTing, formations, and standing around. Right now, he's scheduled to go to Squad Leaders course at the end of April. He needs to do this for promotion and for his job. His unit is scheduled to deploy in November - I'm not looking forward to this, especially since November is his birthday and his favorite time of year is Christmas. I've never done a deployment married, with a kid or away from home, so this will be a completely different experience. Last time, we were engaged, I was teaching my first year and going to grad school. I was very busy. This time, I won't be. I think it will definitely be interesting and very hard.
Alright, well Jay's heading out to go for a run and I'm back on Luke-duty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the blog. I can't believe he's almost one, that is not possible! Hope things are going well for you in Hawaii. Will keep posted through the blog.
ReplyDelete